MultiCore Automatic Biopsy Device
MultiCore is a True-Cut style automatic biopsy device and represents the latest in medical technology. Its ergonomic design features a front and rear trigger. This allows the user to have an easier cocking and firing experience. The design is ideal for breast and prostate biopsies. The mechanism also improves precision and procedure speed. The MultiCore’s quick and efficient design also represents an increase in patient comfort due to the decreased procedure time.
In addition, the MultiCore biopsy instrument has a spring-loaded stylet and cannula. These features allow the physician to remove the specimen from the biopsy area with minimal tissue displacement. Since the device can be easily operated with one hand, it is optimal for procedures requiring ultrasound guidance. We recommend that this automatic biopsy device be paired with one of our needle guides as they are ideal for ultrasound-guided procedures. These guides facilitate even greater precision and minimize the amount of time spent performing the biopsy procedure.
We also offer other variations of this automatic biopsy device for all your procedural needs. Please contact our sales team at 1-877-220-4567 to order these options:
- MultiCore Plus: Features a needle made from ECHONOX. This echoreflecting stainless steel material makes the entire needle clearly visible on the ultrasound. It is especially useful when the medical practitioner desires to ensure maximum precision in the procedure.
- MultiCore DC: Features a detachable cannula for single-access multiple procedures.
- MultiCore SET-TAC: Features a less invasive introducer needle designed for co-axial procedures under CT scanning.
The MultiCore biopsy instrument is an excellent option for women’s health and men’s health procedures, including breast and prostate biopsies. It is also used for kidney and liver biopsies. Moreover, EDM offers various devices for other women’s health procedures, such as the Mark breast hook-wire localization needle.
This is a sterile, single-use instrument with 15 per box. These biopsy devices should be disposed of in accordance with CDC regulations for the prevention of healthcare-acquired infections (HAIs).
- Available in a variety of gauge sizes and centimeter lengths
- Color-coded for easier needle size (gauge) determination
- Sterile, single patient use